Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Balancing Frustration and Perseverance

So today was the first day that students came around to their different classes.  So, today was the first day I had to mold these find students into what I would like!

I have talked about 'Get it Together' activities in previous posts and today made me even more of a firm believer that these activities are AMAZING!  Students came into the classroom, sat anywhere they would like to and I started with 4 ground rules. 
  • Work with your group
  • If a group has a question, all group members hands must be raised
  • Don't give up
  • Respect the materials
They did awesome today.  1 group throughout the day had some issues but other than that, everyone worked together, was excited about solving each puzzle, couldn't wait to get to the next one, communicated well and DIDN'T GIVE UP!



I encourage you to try it out!  Order the book on amazon and prepare to be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment