Thursday, November 6, 2014

Color Cycle Year TWO!

So it finally happened today, Color Cycle is back!  Once again, Color Cycle is a volunteer organization for students.  I don't get paid to do it,  I do it because I believe in it!  If you remember, last year we collected 44 pounds of markers that we sent off to Crayola to be recycled.  That doesn't seem like a lot but it is 44 pounds that didn't end up in a landfill.

Today after school, 7 dedicated students (6 really and the other had to be there) helped out.  I had some students walking around the school recording room numbers/teachers names where bins would go, the boys chose to clean the bins and the rest were assembling the signs that go on the bin.  After the bins were clean and their signs was affixed, we went off and put bins in 20 classrooms with 6 more that still need them.

I am excited to get this off the ground and start doing a small part to help the environment.  My goal this year is to incorporate some of the SBL into math/homeroom classroom and expand the program!


No comments:

Post a Comment