Sunday, December 7, 2014

SBG Explanation for Students

As with any educator, Pinterest is the holy land of all ideas.  I was on a short brain break during a late night planning session and I came across the blog, Everybody is a Genius by Sarah.  This blog has been great a great resource for ideas and what other secondary math teachers are doing, lots of pictures too!

When I saw the poster, "What does my grade mean?", I fell IN LOVE!  I have a student friendly rubric  that I use but this is very relatable for middle school students and pretty too!

My 'pInspiration'

So I give all credit to Sarah and her wonderful blog!  I took out the difference between 4/3.5/3 because I don't do half points and also changed the numbers to reflect 10-5 with my district has adopted. 


And just because I am putting off grading papers, I also made an inspiration poster-esk one as well. I will probably end up editing the color to make them softer but not bad so far. 


So once again, I am in love with this wording, explanation and easy to understand visualness.  Thank you SO much Sarah!




No comments:

Post a Comment